Mohair Velvet & Silk Velvet Upholstery Fabric
Mohair Velvet Upholstery Fabrics and other designer upholstery Velvets are our specialities, we are inspired and excited by exquisite velvets made from high-quality yarns such as silk, mohair, cashmere, linen and cotton
For our contract clients; we have a significant number of contract velvet collections, ranging from the most durable Mohair Upholstery Velvet to FR Treveria Contract Velvets. Contract velvet fabrics from KOTHEA offer the very best Wyzenbeek / Martindale test values for upholstery where rubs exceed 100,000. We have ‘shiny’ and non-‘shiny’ velvets; long- and short-pile velvets; dense and less-dense velvet weaves.
Our Upholstery Mohair Velvet is very much on-trend for 2022 perhaps because of the high-quality and 100% natural yarn we use or perhaps it’s the durability of contract-grade options with 100,000 rub counts? There is a very large colour palette to choose from, often with your desired colour available across a series of different collections.
As all our velvets are woven in Europe, you know the quality will be the best.
Some tips for narrowing down your velvet choice
- “Velvet” refers to the type of weave. A velvet fabric can be made from a very large range of fibres, mohair wool is just one of those fibres.
- Mohair fibre comes from the underbelly of a specific goat variety
- Mohair Velvet is one of the most popular options as it is typically very durable and with an inherent Crib 5 pass. So there are no further costs of FR treatment.
- Silk Velvet can look fantastic but is typically only for domestic use
- Cotton velvet can be a good alternative to Mohair Velvet and is often around half the price, whilst still representing a 100% natural product. Our cotton velvet is sufficiently durable for many contract applications and certainly for domestic uses, however, it does require Crib 5 treatment.
- There are more interesting and unusual weaves available with linen, man-made yarns and with our super-luxury Italian Cashmere & Silk Velvet, which is only available to our current clients.
As Interior Designers, you know that KOTHEA will never compromise on elegance in our design and recognize that our velvets offer you a safe choice when specifying for your discerning and demanding clients.