Mohair Velvet & Silk Velvet Upholstery Fabric
Mohair Velvet Upholstery Fabrics and other designer upholstery Velvets are our specialities, we are inspired and excited by exquisite velvets made from high-quality yarns such as silk, mohair, cashmere, linen and cotton
For our contract clients; we have a significant number of contract velvet collections, ranging from the most durable Mohair Upholstery Velvet to FR Treveria Contract Velvets. Contract velvet fabrics from KOTHEA offer the very best Wyzenbeek / Martindale test values for upholstery where rubs exceed 100,000. We have ‘shiny’ and non-‘shiny’ velvets; long- and short-pile velvets; dense and less dense velvet weaves.
Our Upholstery Mohair Velvet is very much on-trend for 2020 perhaps because of the high-quality and 100% natural yarn we use or perhaps it’s the durability of contract-grade options with 100,000 rub counts? There is a very large colour palette to choose from, often with your desired colour available across a series of different collections.
As all our velvets are woven in Europe, you know the quality will be the best.
Some tips for narrowing down your velvet choice
- “Velvet” refers to the type of weave. A velvet fabric can be made from a very large range of fibres, mohair wool is just one of those fibres.
- Mohair fibre comes from the underbelly of a specific goat variety
- Mohair Velvet is one of the most popular options as it is typically very durable and with an inherent Crib 5 pass. So there are no further costs of FR treatment.
- Silk Velvet can look fantastic but is typically only for domestic use
- Cotton velvet can be a good alternative to Mohair Velvet and is often around half the price, whilst still representing a 100% natural product. Our cotton velvet is sufficiently durable for many contract applications and certainly for domestic uses, however, it does require Crib 5 treatment.
- There are more interesting and unusual weaves available with linen, man-made yarns and with our super-luxury Italian Cashmere & Silk Velvet, which is only available to our current clients.
Specify colours from our online colour cards and click <here> to receive cuttings.
As Interior Designers, you know that KOTHEA will never compromise on elegance in our design and recognize that our velvets offer you a safe choice when specifying for your discerning and demanding clients.